Our Client is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join their team as the business' UX Research specialist.
The UX Researcher will be a passionate research advocate, curious about users’ behaviour needs and priorities. This role will work with business goals, objectives and hypotheses and determines user needs providing the business with recommendations based on these findings.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director, as the business’s UX Research Specialist, the successful candidate will be passionate about cultivating a human-centric perspective within the business.
• Drive the define and discovery phase with project team members for product research
• Help to inform and influence product decisions with exceptional insights about our users and customers
• Identify the best method/s based on the project research goals and resources
• Understand the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
• Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the current internal solutions and also competitor offerings.
• Understand and incorporate complex learning objectives and business requirements into the research and recommendations.
• Responsible for designing research plan with quantitative and qualitative research approaches outlined.
• Lead all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis and reporting)
• Apply knowledge in human and the user-centered design process to product and service design
• Perform research to identify shifts in strategies within the Education industry. Provide recommendations for improvement and innovation
• Facilitate and design workshops with internal stakeholders and users
• Conduct user testing on our product prototypes (with interaction designer) and provide results/recommendations
• Take on board feedback to improve and enhance customer experience
Qualifications & Attributes:
• Degree in a relevant field of study (i.e. Experience/Interaction design, Digital Media, Communication Design, etc) and proven experience working in UX Research role, Experience Design and/or Interaction Design experience
• A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design within a variety of product, digital experiences, and/or services
• Proven experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Strong presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills
• Actively seeks opportunities to expand knowledge and gain new skills
• Solid organisation and attention to detail
• Ability to work across multiple projects at different stages
• Values-lived company culture of respect, honesty and integrity
• Free gym membership as part of employment package
• Fun and collaborative working environment
• Team events such as trivia nights, art gallery visits and team lunches
• Charity involvement and support for fund-raising initiatives
This position requires a Working with Children check and is based in our Client’s Melbourne head office. This is an amazing opportunity for a talented experience designer in a fantastic working environment and team. We hope to hear from you soon!
Please contact: Johanna Kehoe - 03 8644 7777