Join this visionary company working to define careers less by society’s expectations of us, and more by discovering and pursuing our sense of purpose and contribution. We want access to opportunity to be based on genuine fit rather than social class, and for our strengths to take us across many different exciting types of work with many different teams in our lives.
About the Company:
This new start-up is growing this future through young people, and has been in beta for about a year, with over 11k students and a collection of Australia’s top employers all joining the beta in Sydney. The results have been phenomenal and they are approaching a growth moment. They are now ready to build a growth marketing machine that will take us through launch and beyond. For this, we need a brilliant growth marketer!
This is a well funded startup with a group of mission-driven and experienced investors behind us, and lead by two experienced founders.
- All our team receive both salary and equity, including you.
- The team is brilliant, talented and span multiple disciplines.
- They embrace flexible work to help our productivity and energy.
- They do “Work from home Wednesdays' where the whole team works from home every Wednesday. On other days you work the hours of the day that best suit you.
- Their office is based in Darlinghurst, amongst a thriving food scene and with a beautiful rooftop we use often!
- They are a puppy friendly office, and the office pup often makes it in!
About the Role:
You will own our growth marketing strategy and execution, reporting to our Co-founder. Your focus will primarily be on employer user acquisition to exponentially grow the number of roles we offer in our marketplace to young people. You’ll experiment with various ways to educate and attract managers to hire students as agile workers, and meticulously create a growth engine for an entirely new class of work for young Australians. You’ll be responsible for thousands of roles being created for young people while they study. You'll be hands-on in execution and enjoy using your tools to build a growth engine.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You’ll own our growth marketing strategy from objectives to insights and planning.
- Hands-on execution of the strategy across the tools. You’ll be motivated to drive execution yourself, supported by a technology team, rather than build out a junior team to manage (which may come later).
- You’ll have the space to think broadly about the problem space and take a creative approach to driving growth in line with your strategy. We work from first principles, and you’ll have the room to define yours.
- You’ll define and iterate our marketing funnel, optimising relentlessly to build a “land and expand” model within our employer partners.
- You’ll drive both user acquisition and retention, with a focus on generating role demand within our employer partners. We aim to build a marketing machine that’s primarily focused on scalable, organic digital channels (CRM, social, content, partnerships, SEO, PR, virality) and a secondary focus on performance channels (SEM, paid social, retargeting, affiliate networks).
- You’ll work with a high performing cross-functional team (creative, data science, product design, product management, software engineering, community management) to create the growth machine.
We want a skilled, experienced, and purpose-driven growth marketer. You’ll have a broad digital marketing skillset, a sharp strategic and analytical mind, and a skilled hands-on growth toolkit. We want you to be ready for your career-defining marketing role.
- Proven success and deep expertise in digital and growth marketing (~5+ years) across both owned and paid channels.
- A natural user empathy and willingness to talk to real customers to seek insights.
- Structured metrics-driven approach to executing successful campaigns and optimising with discipline.
- Experience collaborating with product and data teams.
- Pragmatic and results-oriented approach, with a natural bias to action and a demonstrated ability to achieve growth outcomes.
- Tech in your blood, and empathy in your heart. This is a tech business that has human values at its core.
If this sounds like the career-defining opportunity you have been seeking please apply below or email your resume to Chelsea West at email@example.com