Our client is a Fortune 500 company looking for a Design Researcher to join an existing team that is working on launching a new and exciting product. They're about 6-12 months to launch and this person is instrumental in helping shape the experience working closely with the Chapter Lead, a UX/Visual Designer, and the rest of the team. The key responsibility will be to run all research streams for the project and support the Design work.
You’re a super smart, experienced Design Researcher or UX researcher with a portfolio showing off your incredible skills. You have a background in being completely hands-on in leading, organising and executing research activities and the ability to identify insights that influence the design of consumer facing products and services. You understand how to apply insights to Design, and collaborate strongly with designers to shape experiences.
The focus is on working closely with Designers and cross-functional team members to ensure Design stays front of mind, plan and execute key research activities, and to deliver customer-centric experiences.
The core skills:
• Usability Research Expertise. Expert at leading, organising and running a regular cadence of usability research (for a new product about to be launched)
• Exploratory Research. Having run and comfortable with Contextual Inquiries to elicit people’s behaviours, attitudes, and beliefs
• Delivery experience. Knowledgeable and ideally some experience of the delivery process
• Strong and clear communicator. Able to communicate and collaborate with Product Owners, Developers, Designers, and a variety of business stakeholders
• Design craft. Understanding, and ideally have designed experiences for, at least one of the more common touchpoints (e.g. UX design, physical space, assisted channels)