Our beauty software client is looking for a Mid-level Product Designer who understands great design starts with what you can’t see. S/he is an expert in creating product experiences both usable & delightful. S/he will be a change agent who loves to influence strategy, and is determined to make a strong impact on product execution and quality. S/he loves working in small, fast-paced, cross functional teams to identify opportunities and find solutions through user centered design processes.
● Work with design and product to create elegant user flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototype interactions and polished visual designs for mobile and web
● Conduct user research through interviews, surveys and usability tests to inform designs & identify new product opportunities
● Cross collaborate to turn complex problems into simple, engaging & practical design solutions that represent the big picture
● Influence product specifications and execute design work with a high level of polish.
● Be collaborative and ready to dive in and help at any stage - take full ownership of your work & responsibility for every last detail
● Partner with other designers & marketing to ensure consistency of our design language, tone of voice and brand experience
● Generate design deliverables for product features using Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC, etc.
● Generate lightweight UI prototypes (e.g. InVision, Framer, etc.), particularly for early phases of new features, to be user tested and validated.
● Be an excellent communicator who puts the team first.
● Help build out and manage the UI component library
The ideal candidate will be proactive about learning, be an active reader of design news, track UX/UI design patterns, and stay informed of industry changes in UX that may affect his/her job and could potentially improve process.
● Minimum 2+ years of experience in designing applications for the mobile and desktop, including user research, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design.
● A portfolio which demonstrates work both at a conception and high level of quality showing an attention to detail
● Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets and design mobile first
● Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and prototyping tools (such as: Invision, Balsamiq, Axure)
● Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
● Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS is a plus, but not essential to be successful in this role.