You can't just slap something on a web page and expect people to know how to interact with it. Interactive Designers make sure your website or application sucks users in with a design approach that resonates with your target, meets your business objectives, and stays within the bounds of what's technically possible in the real world (or something like it).
Skills & Deliverables
- Hands-on skills in the latest Adobe Creative Suite
- Conduct task analyses to determine user requirements, ensure an awesome user experience and achieve business goals
- Design for user self-sufficiency (so users don't have to call a costly technical support line)
- Create error-handling guidelines (so users know what to do when an error occurs)
- Develop process flows, prototypes for both client review and delivery to the development team, and functional specs for interactive projects
- May have hands-on coding skills