Did you know nearly one in ten people use their smart phone when they’re in the shower? It’s true, according to a recent Google/Ipsos OTX survey. I shudder to think what other activities people may be up to when they're using their cell phones.
One thing’s for sure: The ubiquity of mobile devices has sent businesses clamoring to hire mobile app developers to extend their brand to iPhones, iPads, Droids, and other mobile devices. But how do you know you have found a terrific mobile app developer? Below are some basics to see if you're on the right track.
When we interview freelance mobile application developers, we’re typically looking for talent with:
- Multi-platform experience
- HTML5 and CSS3 experience
- Objective C skills (for native iPhone application development)
- Strong collaboration skills and involvement in mobile user groups
- UX or IA experience for optimal user experience
- Ability to articulate the business goals and results of their projects
- Exceptional portfolios (work on large brands or innovative, successful projects)
- Aesthetically pleasing, well organized code
- Applications that are cleanly architected
- Error-free, cross-browser friendly code
Looking for an exceptional mobile application developer? Connect with a Vitamin T agent.