With over 15 years experience as a designer and a creative agent, Kate loves being an essential part of the creative world.
So hop down under (she’s in Sydney, after all) to find out her favorite interview question and why a 100-year-old company is her favorite brand as she answers our 7 Quick Questions.
- In your job, what’s been your favorite moment or biggest joy? Has to be the shared joy of a perfect match–either by placing a pitch winning candidate or landing a junior creative their dream role working under an inspiring mentor.
- What made you want to work at Vitamin T and what do you love most about working here? There is some brilliant creative being delivered by Sydney agencies at the moment and working with Vitamin T allows me to keep my finger on the creative pulse. I get my creative kicks voyeuristically, via our clients and candidates. I absolutely love hearing people talking about how they've solved creative problems or used new tech innovations to deliver something brilliant.
- What’s your favorite interview question? "Tell me about a project that failed.... and how you brought it back from the brink." I'm usually focused on the positive, but unfortunately not all studio projects run to plan and I want to hear about how candidate handles adversity and bounces back from the brink of disaster.
- What’s the BEST thing someone can do when looking for a job? Build your brand! This is more than just one thing, but taking the time for the following is essential:
- Update your resume, portfolio, and social profiles
- Create your network online (LinkedIn and Twitter) as well as in person at events
- Practise your personal summary pitch and talking through your resume experience and portfolio samples. You don't want to be robot, but it helps avoid mind blanks when on the spot!
- As a 5 year old, what did you want to be when you grew up? Happy! Totes nailed it! ;D