Part of our Mighty Melbourne team, Danny has more than 15 years of business development and staffing experience under his belt from the UK to Australia.
It’s his passion to ensure every Vitamin T client gets the amazing digital creative talent they’ve been dreaming of!
Check out his best advice for conducting an interview and mistakes not to make on your resume, then call him when you need exceptional digital creative freelancers.
- Traits that clients ask for most? A can do attitude and the skills to back it up. Clients need freelancers to ramp up quickly - they don’t have the time to get it wrong.
- Describe your city in 5 words. Coffee. Weather. Sport. Food. Better (than Sydney!)
- Best advice to any manager conducting an interview? Always look at the bigger picture and not just a candidate’s past experience. Can you teach and mould them? Do they have the right attitude? Are they the right culture fit? Past experience is great, but it doesn't always mean everything!
- Biggest mistake people make on their resumes? Too long, too informational. Candidates should always use their resumes as a sales tool.
- Native Apps or Responsive Design? Responsive Design.
- Favorite meme? Chuck Norris.
- Favorite place to keep up with changes in the digital world? Mumbrella.
- Advice for freelancers to make their first day a successful one? I have lots of advice. Listen, listen, listen! Show eagerness. If you have questions, ask and then act on the response. Always make a good impression, it may lead to longer term work and a relationship with that client.
- Best example of awesome UX? The Loop.
- Who rocks your world on Twitter? James Blunt for his hilarious comebacks!
- Guilty song pleasure? Bobby Brown, “My Prerogative.”
Looking for a partner to find you great freelancers in the Melbourne area?
Connect with Danny!